Jump to Recipe
Looking for a creamy decadent Baileys based dessert? Look no further than my easy no bake Baileys cheesecake with an Oreo crust and a Baileys chocolate ganache.
Components for No Bake Baileys Cheesecake
My Baileys No Bake Cheesecake has three key components:
- Easy Oreo crust
- Super creamy Baileys cheesecake filling
- Two ingredient Baileys chocolate ganache topping
For a step-by-step of making an Oreo crust, see my dedicated post for the ultimate two ingredient Oreo base.
Making No Bake Baileys Cheesecake Filling
Baileys Cheesecake Ingredients
The filling for this cheesecake has a few basic ingredients and a healthy dose of Baileys' Irish Cream. You'll need:
- Cream cheese - I always use spreadable cream cheese in my recipes, due to ingredient availability in the UK. In this cheesecake you can use block cream cheese, but leave this out to come to room temperature so that it is soft enough to cream. If using spreadable, it is best for it to also be at room temperature, but it is less absolutely necessary. The block cream cheese will make a firmer cake, the spreadable cream cheese will make a super creamy soft, yet still set, cheesecake.
- Crème fraîche - I like to use crème fraîche to give that slight tang that comes with classic cheesecakes. If you're unable to find crème fraîche you can also substitute with mascarpone cheese. I would avoid substituting with soured cream in a no bake cheesecake due to the consistency needed to set.
- Sugar - superfine granulated or caster sugar will work in this recipe.
- Baileys Irish Cream - the star of this show! I always use Original Baileys but you could try other flavours for different takes on this creamy no bake cheesecake.
- Heavy cream - or double cream. A well whipped heavy cream is key to the texture of a no bake cheesecake.
- Powdered sugar - or icing sugar. This will be used to help stabilise the heavy cream.
Easy Two-Bowl Process
For this no bake cheesecake, you'll essentially need two mixing bowls.
In the first bowl, whisk together the spreadable cream cheese, crème fraîche and granulated sugar. This should be a thick but silky smooth and shiny cream. Then add the Baileys, whisking to combine.
In the other bowl, add the heavy cream and powdered sugar. Using a handheld electric beater, whip these until you reach stiff peaks. Avoid over-beating, as this will produce an overly thickened cream and will impact the consistency of your finished cheesecake.
Once you've reached stiff peaks, dollop a bit of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and stir to loosen this. Then add the remaining whipped cream and fold to combine.
Spoon this into a prepared Oreo crust, smooth the top and chill for at least 4 hours.
Baileys Chocolate Ganache Top
To make a quick and easy topping for this cheesecake, you only need two ingredients:
- Baileys - just a couple of tablespoons extra Irish cream will do!
- Chocolate - semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark or milk chocolate in chips or chopped into small pieces.
In this ganache recipe the Baileys essentially acts in place of more traditional heavy cream. Simply heat this in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Allow to simmer for a few minutes and then pour over the chocolate (in a heat proof bowl). Let this set for a moment before stirring until smooth.
To top your cheesecake, you can drizzle this ganache with a spoon or, more easily, pipe over the top. Using a piping bag or ziploc bag, cut a small hole in the tip and decorate with swirls.
FAQs for No Bake Baileys Cheesecake
As this is a no bake cheesecake, the alcohol will not be baked out of the finished dessert. Therefore, please do be aware that this will be an alcoholic cheesecake.
Yes, absolutely! This recipe will work with other cream liqueurs as well. I'm a massive Baileys fan, so its my go to whisky cream, but you can substitute with other brands.
Yes, no bake cheesecakes including this Baileys version can be frozen. Allow to set in the refrigerator first before wrapping and freezing. This will last in the freezer for up to three months. Before serving, allow to defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
If you like this recipe, try some more no bake cheesecakes and desserts:
- No Bake Biscoff Cheesecake
- No Bake S'mores Cheesecake
- Edible Cookie Dough Cones
- Easy Nanaimo Bars
- Edible Brownie Batter
No Bake Baileys Cheesecake
Ingredients for Oreo Crust
- 28 standard stuffed Oreos crushed to fine crumb in a food processor
- 7 tablespoon butter melted
Ingredients for Baileys Cheesecake Filling
- 11.5 oz spreadable cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup superfine granulated sugar or caster sugar
- ½ cup crème fraîche or mascarpone cream
- ⅓ cup Baileys Irish cream or other whisky cream liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream or double cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar or icing sugar
Ingredients for Baileys Chocolate Ganache
- 2 tablespoon Baileys Irish cream or other whisky cream liqueur
- 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or use dark chocolate or milk chocolate in chips or chopped finely
- Begin by lining the base and sides of an 8" or 9" springform cake pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Next make your Oreo crust by mixing together the crushed Oreo biscuits with the melted butter in a mixing bowl. Pour this into the lined cake pan and press firmly to cover the base and about 1" up the sides. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the filling.
Instructions for No Bake Baileys Cheesecake Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the spreadable cream cheese, crème fraîche and granulated sugar until smooth. Then add the Bailey's and whisk to incorporate.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and powdered sugar. Using a handheld electric beater, whip the cream and powdered sugar to stiff peaks. Avoid over-beating as this will make the cheesecake stiff rather than creamy smooth.
- Once you have a stiff peaked whipped cream, add a dollop of this to the cream cheese mixture and stir to loosen. Then add the rest of the whipped cream to the cream cheese and fold to combine.
- Spoon this Baileys filling into the prepared Oreo crust and smooth with an offset spatula or table knife. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) to set.
Instructions for the Baileys Chocolate Ganache
- Once the cheesecake has set, carefully remove this from the springform pan and peel away the parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoons of Baileys until simmering. Allow to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Let this sit for a moment or two before stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle this ganache over the cheesecake - this is best accomplished with a piping bag while the ganache is fresh made and still runny (it will firm up as it cools).