The ultimate mini Oreo cheesecakes! These tiny Oreo cheesecakes are bitesize, freezer friendly and the perfect miniature Oreo treat for any occasion.
The ingredients for these bitesize cheesecakes can be broken into three parts:
1. Oreo Base
- Oreo cookie crumbs - crushed standard stuffed Oreos. Blitz these (cookies and filling) in the food processor until a fine crumb.
- Butter - unsalted butter, melted. You can use salted butter here, but you may find that it leaves a bit of a saltiness to the final product.
2. Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- Cream cheese - soft spreadable cream cheese. I only use soft spreadable cream cheese in my recipes. This is due to ingredient availability in my area and I personally find it easier to work with in most cases! You can use block cream cheese, however, this will need to be softened at room temperature and it may take a bit longer to cream it smoothly into your mixture.
- Sugar - superfine granulated sugar or caster sugar.
- Egg - a large egg, ideally at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream - the secret to a good cheesecake filling is a touch of sour cream or other sharp ingredient. This gives a light bite like a classic New York style cheesecake.
- Oreo cookie crumbs - more crushed Oreo cookies.
- Heavy whipping cream - or double cream. The name of this ingredient can vary quite a lot based on your location. You're looking looking for a thick full fat cream to make a homemade whipped cream. You can also substitute with ready made whipped cream.
- Powdered sugar - or icing sugar. This will stabilize the cream to make this pipeable.
- Vanilla extract - I never make whipped cream of any variety without vanilla! It adds a hint of flavor and will really take your whipped cream up a notch!
- Mini Oreos - the perfect way to top off your mini Oreo cheesecakes is with miniature Oreo cookies!
How to Make Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
These Oreo cheesecake bites are made in a mini muffin pan. This will give you the best and easiest bitesize cheesecakes! Simply line your mini muffin tin with mini cupcake cups and preheat your oven.
The Oreo cheesecake base for these tiny bites is essentially the same as my standard two ingredient Oreo crust, just on a smaller scale. Simply mix together the crushed Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Once you have a moistened crumb mixture, spoon into the liners in your mini muffin pan, about a teaspoon per liner.
Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, make the cookies and cream style cheesecake filling. Beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract, followed by the sour cream, and beat to combine. Finally add in crushed Oreo cookies and stir to distribute evenly. Dollop this mixture out on top of the prepared bases.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 12 minutes. Tip: when baking a tray of tiny cheesecakes, a couple may crack on top. Don't worry - these will usually shrink back when cooling and even if they don't you'll be topping with whipped cream anyway!
Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool before refrigerating for at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
When ready to serve, whip your cream, powdered sugar and vanilla together. This is exactly the same process as my stabilized whipped cream recipe. Once stiff peaks form, the mixture is pipeable - try to avoid overbeating or the cream will split and become too solid (a step nearer butter!).
Pipe on top of the mini cheesecake bites or dollop on top. Place a mini Oreo cookie on top of each tiny cheesecake.
These easy Oreo cheesecake bites will last for about 3 days in the refrigerator and can be stored decorated (whipped cream included). They're a great make ahead dessert! If making ahead, I'd usually save the final touches, like adding the mini Oreo cookies, until nearer the time of serving - the Oreo cookies may stale a bit in the refrigerator if left too long.
Yes! Bitesize Oreo cheesecakes are freezer friendly. For freezing, I recommend allowing the baked cheesecakes to cool completely overnight. Transfer to a freezer safe container or in a single layer in a freezer storage bag. This can then be frozen for up to 3 months.
Allow to defrost in the refrigerator before serving - given how tiny these bites are, it will only take an hour or two!
I do not recommend decorating until ready to serve.
Yes! This is an easy recipe for cheesecake with mini Oreos. For the sake of ease, the crushed Oreos used in the base and filling of the cheesecake are actually fully size Oreo cookies. You can use mini Oreos in this, but it will require quite a few packs of mini Oreo cookies to produce the same amount of cookie crumb.
Looking for more mini desserts? Try:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Mini Chocolate Pecan Pies
- Mini Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Brownie Bites
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- 24-hole mini muffin tin
Ingredients for Oreo cookie crusts
- ¾ cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
Ingredients for Oreo cheesecake filling
- 8 oz spreadable cream cheese or soft cheese (see note)
- ¼ cup superfine granulated sugar or caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Topping
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream or double cream
- ½ tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 mini Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175C/155C Fan) and line a 24-hole mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liners.
- Begin by mixing together the Oreo crust ingredients - the crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter.
- Once you have a moistened crumb mixture, spoon this into the prepared liners - about ½ teaspoon per liner. Divide evenly amongst the cases and press firmly into the bases. Set aside while making the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla and sour cream, whisking to combine. Finally add in the crushed Oreo cookies and stir to evenly distribute.
- Spoon the filling on top of the Oreo bases - about 1 teaspoon per case. Divide evenly.
- Place the pan in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for about 12 minutes until set. (see note)
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool - first on the counter and then in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to thoroughly chill.
- When ready to serve, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. (see note)
- Transfer the cream to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe dollops on the top of each chilled mini cheesecake. (see note)
- Top each cheesecake bite with a mini Oreo cookie for a finishing touch before serving.