An easy recipe for edible peanut butter cookie dough. This simple four ingredient recipe is quick to throw together for a small batch of creamy raw cookie batter with peanut butter. No brown sugar, vanilla or milk required!
To make this edible raw peanut butter cookie dough, all you need is four simple ingredients:
- Butter - I like to use unsalted, but you can also use salted butter here. Keep in mind the salted butter will add a bit of a salty flavour to the batter (which some may prefer!). The butter should be softened at room temperature.
- Peanut butter - for this dough, I recommend a smooth and creamy peanut butter instead of a chunky version. This is because it is easier to beat the cookie dough together with the smooth peanut butter. You can then add peanuts in yourself for the crunch - adding in at the end gives you more control.
- Sugar - superfine granulated sugar or caster sugar works best here.
- Heat treated flour - this is simply all-purpose or plain flour that has been cooked in the oven or microwave. This is a vital process for making edible cookie batters. You can read more about the process I follow in my Cookie Dough Cones recipe, but the key is to bring the flour to a temperature of about 165F.
To add a bit more fun to this easy peanut butter cookie dough, try a few add-ins, such as salted peanuts, chocolate chips or Reese's pieces.
How to Make Easy Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
This recipe is incredibly simple! All you'll need is a bowl, an electric beater and a spatula.
Start by beating together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 2 minutes.
Then add your flour. If this is particularly lumpy from the heat treatment, you may want to sift to avoid clumps in your finished batter.
As a final touch, add any additional bits - this raw peanut butter cookie dough is great with added milk chocolate chips or peanuts!
You can now scoop and serve or chill until needed.
For creamiest peanut butter cookie dough, you want to serve it near room temperature. So, if making in advance, take the dough out of the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving (timing may vary based on the temperature of your kitchen).
Small Batch versus Single Serving Peanut Butter Dough
This easy to make peanut butter cookie dough recipe is for a small batch. This makes roughly 16 tablespoons of dough, which would serve about 4 people, dependent on the portion size.
To make my best edible peanut butter cookie dough for one, I would recommend quartering the recipe. This can be done easily using tablespoon measures. For a single serving or quarter cup of edible dough, use:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons heat-treated flour
- Sprinkle of nuts and chocolate chips to finish
Due to the small amounts, you may find creaming the ingredients more difficult with a beater. If so, simply use a spatula but ensure that you beat well to fully combine the butter, peanut butter and sugar before adding the flour.
This recipe will show you! My recipe is for a small batch of peanut butter chocolate chip dough with added peanuts.
Most definitely! In fact, my recipe for raw peanut butter cookie batter is without brown sugar, without vanilla extract and also without milk. You'll only need 4 ingredients to create this simple edible batter.
This recipe is not dairy free as it includes butter and is therefore not vegan. However, it is easy to adapt this to a vegan-friendly version by replacing the butter with a dairy free alternative.
The type of alternative used will potentially impact the consistency. Ideally, you will want to use a non-dairy block of butter, softened at room temperature until (like traditional butter) it can be creamed into the mixture. If replacing with a soft or spreadable vegan butter, you may find the edible dough a bit runny. If this occurs, add a little extra heat-treated flour to thicken the dough before incorporating any add-ins.
This raw cookie dough with peanut butter will easily last for about 3 days in the refrigerator or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
The dough is best and creamiest if served nearer room temperature, so if refrigerating, allow to sit out on the counter for about 15 minutes before serving.
If freezing, allow to defrost first - this is best done in the refrigerator overnight.
Are you a cookie dough lover? Try one of these other edible raw dough recipes:
- Edible Cookie Dough Cones
- Easy Edible Oatmeal Cookie Dough
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- Edible Brownie Batter
Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- large mixing bowl
- hand held electric beater
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup superfine granulated sugar or caster sugar
- ¾ cup heat treated flour See note. For guidance on heat treating, see my cookie dough cone recipe.
- 2 oz milk chocolate chips
- 2 oz salted roasted peanuts
- Begin by adding the softened butter, peanut butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and creaming together with an electric hand beater until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the heat treated flour into the bowl (sift if the flour has become lumpy during heating) and beat to incorporate.
- Once you have your peanut butter cookie batter, you can incorporate any add-ins, such as chocolate chips or nuts. Add these to the dough and stir through with a spatula.
Leave a Reply